INTERTEXTUALITY IN VIDEO
I chose to use intertextual references to the Coca-Cola adverts and ad campaigns, as Coca-Cola is a brand and product that has connotations of happiness and enjoyment - these are two ideas that I was aiming to include in my music video, as they are appealing to the target audience of a young, culturally aware ABC demographic. Coca-Cola is also a product that is often associated with summer, so this helps to reinforce the theme of the video and is a recognisable and familiar sight to viewers. Furthermore, Coca-Cola's slogan 'open happiness' complements the themes being explored in the music video. I chose to represent the slogan as the physical action of opening a bottle of cola, followed by a montage of the friends laughing and enjoying the drink, indicating that once opening the drinks, they became more upbeat and appeared to be enjoying themselves more.
Good research. How can you create a homage by referencing some of his ideas?
ReplyDelete